The Downsview Park Ball Hockey League operates seasonal leagues in The Hangar at the Downsview Park Sports Centre. The league is a partnership between Downsview Park and BalllHockeyLeagues.com.
To register and for full league details visit www.ballhockeyleagues.com
|Start:||Early May||Late August||Mid-November||Mid-February|
Registration for each league begins one month prior.
- Limited dental & medical insurance
- Qualification for provincial and regional tournaments
- D-Gel balls supplied for game play by the league
- League handbook
- Safe play & fair competition
- Best officials and game staff in GTA
- Must register minimum of 12 players with a maximum of 22
- Player signing deadline is mid point of season
- Players must register in person
- $4 entrance fee per game per player (Men's only), coaches and spectators are free
- Must have matching jerseys and same base colour shorts
- NEW - Playoff champions advance to OBHA Winter Provincial Championship in London in late April 2013
- Game start times: Sat. 12 pm to 6 pm; Sun. 12 pm to 10 pm; Mon.- Fri. 7 pm to 11 pm
- Games start on the hour
- No game minimum to qualify for playoffs
- Designated nights for each division and all games played at the same arena
- Playoff champions advance to Eastern Canadian Regional Qualifying Tournament in May 2013
- Full player and team statistics posted online as well as at the arena
- OBHA sanctioned
- Award given for player of the week
- End of season team and individual awards
- Regular season and playoff champions receive $100 off next session
- CSA approved hockey helmet and approved hockey gloves are mandatory. All goalies must wear full CSA approved equipment. (Women must wear full facial protection.)
- Athletic cup, elbow pads, soft knee pads and soccer-style shin guards are recommended
Free Agent List
If there is no program in your area, please feel free to put your name on the league's free agent list. League organizers will try to find a team in need of players or assemble a group of players to form a team. There is no cost for this service.
Please email league organizers for more information and be sure to include your name, contact number, preferred position, experience and location.